Wednesday 20 August 2008

Gravity Defying Houses from Elle Decor

These were some strange houses I found on Elle Decor's website this morning...must be in a funny mood, because I laughed out loud at the atrocity of them...you can find more on the website here.

This one is really weird...and strangely cantilevers over one main support...its in the Ukraine...a levitating farm house called Floating Castle


Gangster House, Archangelsk, Russia...this reminds me of the cartoons I used to watch as a kid

Cactus House, Rotterdam, Netherlands...the Dutch are so forward thinking...I love the mix of old, new, organic and modern shapes that exist beautifully side by side


Wozoco apartments in Ostorp Netherlands...the cantilevered effect is accentuated by the horizontal siding...this one seems to defy gravity; can you imagine the size of the beams it takes to support that span and height? Amazing!

And of course Habitat 67 in Montreal; I will dig out an interior I saw in a magazine some time ago...it was done in post modern classic furniture

1 comment:

Lauren said...

These are crazy!!! For some strange reason I can't put my finger on, I like the gangster house.. I think because you're right it reminds me of cartoons haha