Friday 17 April 2009

Time to go Outside

imageimage

Black Sands Collection by Ralph Lauren

image

Bali Rustic Teak Collection by Pottery Barn

image

Ventana Collection from Restoration Hardware

image

Tillary Modular Collection from West Elm

image

Travata Collection from Crate and Barrel

image

Ventura Collection from Crate and Barrel

image

image

image

 Cane-line available  through Chintz and Co.

CIMG4974

CIMG4975

Last year, I specified Cane-line for a client. This is a protected breakfast area with old Egyptian gates to keep out the deer, and a water feature. This is one of my favourite areas of the property, because there is an active eagles nest close enough to see and hear the activity.  I like the way the black plays off the iron gates.

 

image

 

image

image

Sofa, Topiary Chairs, Club chairs with pedestal table by Richard Shultz

image

image 

image

image

image

Spa, Daydream, Summer Cloud and Orbit by Dedon

image

Roda- Italy

5_crawford_outdoor_V

Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor by Robin Standefer and Stephen Alesch of Roman and Williams

ED0308_home of Reynolds-Staub_outdo

Designers Reynolds Staub-  Elle Decor

Kevin Carrigan and Tim Furzer

Designers Kevin Carrigan and Tim Furzer

ED0908_FISHER_outdoor photo by grey crawford

Photo by Grey Crawford, Designers- Jeffrey Weisman and Andrew Fisher

HO0707_Martin_outdoor_V

Photographer: Carlos Domenech Designer: Gisela Martin

384698109_94e397d764_oLaura_dern

Laura Dern in NYC

2

I don’t have the source of this image, but love when indoors and outdoors merge like this…and the level changes are so interesting.

Now…on to a few of my collected all time, favourite outside spaces…

CCI17042009_00000 

Martha Sturdy’s Getaway Home- Canadian House and Home May 2004

CCI17042009_00001

From the book “How to Decorate” Martha Stewart

elledecor

Architect Bogdan Brzeczkowski in south Corsica from the book “Patios and Verandas” Elle Decor Portfolios

habitat magazine

Habitat- UK

6 comments:

MEADE DESIGN GROUP said...

Yesterday we finally were able to placed our deck furniture - the weather is getting better so we can go outside and work in our studio back patio. I just need some plants and we are ready to go and have some creative meetings outside - clients love to seat under the sun when we are doing presentations so I can wait to use my patio again. I think the patio is my favourite excuse to willy nelly in the summer time.

Love your patio selections!

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Michelle, these are so pretty. I am stuck inside today with a cold and I had looked forward all week to opening my pool and cleaning out the pool house. I sure wish I had a set of that furniture for it. Thanks for coming by. I always enjoy hearing from you!

qerat said...

You totally confused me Michlle.
Could not decide which ones I like more
The Ralph Lauren collection is beautiful, Dedon is great, your favorites are artistic.
I like them all, I can I guess :)

DesignTies said...

I've been wanting outdoor furniture for several years but Brian always has a "rational" reason why we can't get any. This year? We're painting the exterior of the house... "where will we store it?" Hmm... right. I told him that I'd hold off until after the house was painted, but that's it!! Of course, by the time the house is painted the season will be close to over and I'll have to wait another year!! Men! ;-)

Victoria @ DesignTies

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle
What an amazing round up of exterior patio settings you have shown. I just wished we lived in a climate that had more months of warm weather. I love the white Starck chairs.

Anonymous said...

Krass!