Wednesday 25 November 2009

A Rainy, Stay at Home Kind of Day

On days like these, I like to snuggle, nap, break habits and reconfigure. I spent the whole day in my re-arranged studio/workspace and beside a roaring fire. After prepping my space and thinking about last week’s mixed media class, I did three “Rose, where’d you get that Red?” paintings. When you have everything set up, it’s so easy to take an hour or two to be creative. Hope I haven’t bored you too much with this room, but it sure is changing my life.

CIMG0457CIMG0467CIMG0502CIMG0472      CIMG0443

My instructor is pushing me outside of my box, and we are experimenting with the cursive and familiar nature of text married to a powerful colour. They sure have brightened up the studio space! I wish I could take better pictures of my art…I know it’s the lighting…any suggestions?

CIMG0479

  CIMG0539 CIMG0492 CIMG0491 

“Rose, where’d you get that Red? #2

Acrylic on Canvas, 30x48”, Michelle Morelan, 2009

CIMG0448 

“Rose, where’d you get that Red? #3

Mixed media on watercolour paper, 20 x 30”, Michelle Morelan, 2009

CIMG0505

“Rose, where’d you get that Red? #4

Mixed media on watercolour paper, 20 x 30”, Michelle Morelan, 2009

2 comments:

DesignTies said...

Your new chairs are at that table before the fire!! Very cozy and inviting :-)

I found "Rose..." #2 to be very visseral, evoking a sense of power and, to some extent, mayhem in me. Wonderful work, Michelle!!

Xmas shopping??? I'm avoiding it!
Victoria @ DesignTies

Verdigris Vie said...

I think it's great that you have this place set up that you can escape to whenever you need to. My young children don't allow for a space like this yet and it makes it so hard to paint and have a creative space.. so I am thrilled for you..

loving this red series - it's got me all fired up.

I am no photographer, but I try to take decent pictures. I am not sure when you are shooting but time of day is important. I find the best time is with the early morning sun. Colours sing at that hour..

Hope you hare having a fab day..