Sunday 11 July 2010

Gone Campin’

CIMG3444

CIMG3466 CIMG3476CIMG3452

Have you been over to visit Tobi Fairley during her Design Summer Camp?  It looks like a great escape…I wish I was there in person  to attend. I’m taking a bit of time off this summer, but it got me thinking about a segment I did for Breakfast Television a couple of years ago. They asked me to talk about outdoor living; I started with the simple idea of a woodpile (I have a thing about woodpiles), and ended with this feeling of a fun campsite, with netting, games, furs, hot chocolate and games…all in the TV studio. The combination of luxury and rustic is one of my favourites.

I’ll be around the campfire :) See you there!

http://tobifairley.com/blog/

3 comments:

Terry said...

I do love outdoor parties but try to avoid camping (except as metaphor) at all times. But the campfire is tempting. When one of our in-town neighbors had a party he always made a bonfire - in the city! Nobody could resist it children least of all. They just don't do that in cities any more.

qerat said...

Yes Wood piles always look beautiful maybe it is the warmth that you feel when you look at them
Happy camping :)

Hill Country House Girl said...

I love woodpiles too! I take photos of the ones on my back porch and then wonder, now what do I do with this?! The images on this post are lovely and make me want to take a look at Tobi's blog next. Thanks!