Monday 16 January 2012

Nuu-chah-nulth Mountain Man

DSC_0050

I love a reference to the area in any interior, and for Christmas, my husband received this special tribal mask by Patrick Amos, called “Nuu-chah-nulth Mountain Man” He watches over our little part of the mountain now. Nuu-chah-nulth is the First Nations Band closest to Ucluelet, about two hours away; I know many personally. I love the cedar hair and crazed look on his face, like he just spotted something in the bush…Mountain Man would scare anyone off, but is beautifully crafted, and somehow makes me feel protected.

More of Patrick’s work at the Du Quah Gallery in Ucluelet, and a local article here.

2 comments:

Victoria @ The FAT Paint™ Company and ÉdinHome said...

What a treasure for your B!! I've always been drawn to Aboriginal art... a bit of my own heritage ;-)
Victoria

Unknown said...

Michelle,
So glad to have found your site...and your talents! Wow, your renderings are beautiful, and I am really enjoying reading back through your posts..

Nancy
Powellbrower.com